Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whole30, day 3 -- missing some stuff.




it is only the 3rd day of the challenge, and i am already missing some stuff. the thing i am missing the most is my hot cocoa. yes, it is a comfort thing -- rich, dark cocoa made from a homemade mix and whole milk. my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. the richness of the chocolate and the creaminess of the milk. i have never been a tea or coffee drinker. drinking hot cocoa was my time to wake up as i savored the flavor and warmth. it was also when i took all my prescriptions and supplements. everything went down so smoothly. so, more than missing the comfort of my hot cocoa is the fact that i HATE taking my pills with water. it makes me want to gag every time. EVERY time. i am doing it, and yes, i know that pills are supposed to be taken with water anyway, but that doesn't mean it is easy for me. i guess that's why they call it a challenge, right? i am also missing my afternoon dose of 2 squares of valrohna brand dark chocolate, cheddar cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni sticks from new seasons market and BACON!!!!!

for my exercises today, i did pretty much the same arm exercises as the day before yesterday. i am alternating days for working my legs and arms. i still couldn't do sit ups by myself, but this time my husband sat on the couch in front of me, i tucked my toes under the edge of it and i grabbed his hands and pulled myself up that way. it didn't hurt my back, and i was able to do 10 in this way. he thinks that by the end of the month i will be able to do sit ups by myself. i hope so!! i did my run through the house and then it was time for our walk. this week we have consistently taken about 3 minutes off our previous walk time. my usual fast walk is my husband's slow stroll so walking this fast is a big deal for me. what am i talking about; this whole thing is a big deal for me!!!!

my calorie count for the day totaled about 1525. for breakfast i did the omelette thing again. i know it's boring, but it works well for me and satisfies my morning hunger. for lunch it was canned tuna and a big salad, with almonds and an orange for a snack. i also ate an apple as i cooked dinner. for dinner i baked a whole chicken with herbs mixed with coconut oil under the skin, mixed roasted veggies (cauliflower, broccolini, carrots, and bell peppers, mixed with seasonings and olive oil) salad and raw veggies and mashed potatoes for the kids. my total fat came to 46% of my calories (80 grams), carbs came to 23% (94.8 grams) and protein contributed 31% (118.5 grams) to my day. this is actually one of the few times my protein intake was more than my carbs -- that is the way it is supposed to be!! my fiber was also up there at 26.9 grams.

onward to day 4 -- see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment